Tuesday, May 4, 2010

365 Cards - 3 A's

3 A's today at 365 Cards

Alpha sticker
Arc
Anniversary

Easy - except I had already done 2 anniversary cards in the past week, and one mushy one.

I looked at today's date on the internet to find some other things to commemorate.

5/4/1970 - Kent State 4 students were killed by the Ohio National Guard. I remember it so clearly. I was 20 years old, and my family was living in Ohio, I sure identified with that one. But not a card sending opportunity.

Then, I saw 5/4/1976 - KISS has their first concert in NYC. Wow, that could be really cool - but hey, I think they were around long before then. Checked it out, and sure enough, that web-site was way way off the mark.

How about AROUND 5/4 ? Well I guess I could send out cards commemorating 5/18/80, the day Mt. Helen's exploded... I have never gotten a card celebrating that, have you ? It could be unique... I remember that so clearly too - we could hear the explosion here, 120 miles away. The ash lingered for months.

BUT in the end, just a you and me card, every day is an anniversary of some sort, isn't it.

I know I did purple and green again - I will abstain the remainder of the month, promise...

8 comments:

  1. Jan...27 more days of no purple is a long time to abstain. I love your card especially the paper you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a sweet card. I love the colour combo.. is there such a thing as abstaining when its celebrating an every day anniversary of some sort in those gorgeous colour, please dont :). love the heart crystal that you have used! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh but I love purple & green,. Very nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't mind purple and green again. Love how you added the glass charm Jan. Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why would you stop the colour combo when it's so darn effective?! Love it - that charm is the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, I will admit - the "glass" heart "charm" is 1/2 of a pair of earrings from the $ store, and I think they were actually 2 pairs for a dollar. I just took the hardware off ... (cheapskate)

    ReplyDelete
  7. way to reuse :) love the color combo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card... gorgeous colours. Thanx for playing at 365 Cards.

    ReplyDelete