Wednesday, July 7, 2010

365 Cards, Aged Look


♥♥♥ ♥♥♥ ♥♥♥

Yuppers, my most favorite kind of challenge, take something new, make it look old ! At 365 Cards Pam says it is all about the process, not that the things just look old. Or ARE old.

So I used a lot of stamps, and rub-ons to create this, including a stamp for the spatter (what a great idea, no mess like those spatter brushes !!) and a stamp on the kraft cardstock. And lots of distress ink.

Which brings me to the one problem.... I did use something very old on here. I have some REAL vintage seam binding, not the new-made-to-look-vintage seam binding I see all over the etsy shops. And here is the problem. It is too danged good ! Keeps its shape, won't bleach out the color, even cuts neatly and refuses to scrunch up, and does not shrink !! Who knew. Well, I do have some that had very very old rusted pins in it, so at least the rust will be honest when you all see it.

Spencer was telling us about a new friend he made at the pool. He put his index finger to his jaw and said "but I can not remember his name." pause pause pause "It's a monkey name."

signing off, ♥♥♥ Jan ♥♥♥ (not a monkey name)

♥♥♥ ♥♥♥ ♥♥♥

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely card and perfectly aged! (Gee, wish I was perfectly aged! LOL)

    Thanks for joining in today at 365 Cards, I sure enjoyed being a part of the celebration.

    ps I love Chai Tea too!

    Sally McD

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favorite types of cards, and ones you do so well. wait all your cards are my favorites. oh and all your stories are my favorites. well it sounds like i may be a bit biased,but as chanandler bing would say, "that would be perfection"

    ReplyDelete
  3. oo, your card is so yummy, jan! love the postcard and the seam binding. thanks for sharing and thanks for your sweet sweet comments on my blog! hehe, spencer is too cute! monkey name ;p'.
    hope you're having a great day!
    *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is such a nice card. Love the vintage look. Love quite a lot of stuff here.. postage image is so cool, the ribbon tie is awesome and distress tag is so lovely ...

    very very cool card.. love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have given you a mention on my blog today.Intended to do a similar card for Mondays theme but saw your creation this morning and had to make something a bit different.I spend too much time thinking and not enough crafting.Great card by the way.
    Hugs
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jan, I love it! You did such a great job and the bow is outstanding!

    I can't wait to find out what the "monkey name" really is!

    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jan, this card is absolutely gorgeous! Your cards are amazing! Thanks for sharing your talent!
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is gorgeous! Love the vintage look and all the distressing ... just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete