Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Papercraft Star 15

♥♥♥ ♥♥♥

Papercraft Star's 15th challenge opens today !

Our challenge this week:

Base your project on (or use as your inspiration) one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World:
Grand Canyon
The Great Barrier Reef
The Harbor at Rio de Janeiro
Mt. Everest
Northern Lights
Paricutin Volcano
Victoria Falls

Well, I thought I should choose something I had actually seen, however there are only two on this list, the Northern Lights, and the Grand Canyon.

I love scenery, I am truly at peace and inspired by nature. But the Grand Canyon, maybe the only natural beauty that left me completely cold. I guess I don't have the imagination for it, or something. Saw it once, looked at it for ten minutes, was completely bored. I know I know I know, I must be some sort of nut case, but there it is.

So the Northern Lights it is ! Nontraditional Christmas colors - at least I was thinking of Christmas when I made "snow" and added "JOY", but I guess you can have joy seeing anything of beauty, right ? Fun fun card to make, hope you like it !

little teeny print necessary for design team projects:
Purple Bazzill paper
Ranger Inks for background "lights"
Recollections cardstock
Marshmallow Glimmer Mist
DCWV glitter cardstock
EK Success rub-on alpha
Freebie SCAL cut from svgcuts.com

♥♥♥ ♥♥♥ ♥♥♥

8 comments:

  1. The background is beautiful! I love how I can see your inspiration from the northern lights but can also see the winter scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL You're so honest. At least you visited the canyon. My hubby's from AZ and neither of us have ever visited it. He used to go hunting near the north rim but never actually visited the canyon.
    I love the way you created your "lights". Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The background is lovely with the white in front,very effective. I know what you mean with the disappointment.For many years I watched lots of programmes about India. I couldn't wait to see the Taj Mahal and it was such a let down.

    Hugs Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Purple is my absolute favorite color! Excellent job! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of this card, with the white trees in front and the lights behind them. So very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous job on the challenge this week at Papercraft Star Jan! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful :)
    ok you need to go to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon as it is 1000 times better then the South Rim. Spent a week there soaking up the beauty of pine trees and nature :) the South Rim in desert but the North Rim is forest and is closed due to snow in the winter!!

    ReplyDelete