Monday, April 4, 2011

CR84FN22




♥♥♥♥♥♥

Well how about these colors for a color challenge ! CR84FN is throwing this one out to us this week....

I know I have never used these three colors together before, but I really like how it all turned out.

This is a hodge podge of a bunch of brands, sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't !

I found that Michael's is now selling a book of "plastic paper", which is what I used behind the sentiment. It doesn't cut very well with die cuts, but close enough that I could scissor the rest out. That was also run through the cuttlebug. I found I was holding onto a lot of old packaging in order to reuse it for just this sort of thing, but this paper is much easier to work with.

The flower is just a bunch of loose petals and a circle punch that I already had laying about the place, so I inked them and mashed them together with a brad.

Had a lot of fun making this one, hope you like it !

Kraft Cardstock - MME
Brown metallic cardstock - Recollections
Leaf DP - DCWV
Green DP - Cosmo Cricket
Sentiment - American Crafts
Flower - stash
Brad - Recollections
Plastic paper - Recollections
Ribbon - Stash
Pearls - a most welcome gift from Tracy !
Nestabilities
Cuttlebug folder


♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

10 comments:

  1. this is a gorgeous card, Jan :D
    ~victoria~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Jan! Love the layered label showcasing the sentiment and that flower is beautiful! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Jan! Love the clear frame behind your sentiment layers.. Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. Love the flower. Thanks for playing at CR84FN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! I love the "sweet" sentiment and the pretty layering! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jan, is mash a crafting term for a technique??!! LOL! LOVE the flower you created! Pretty papers! LOVE the plastic detail! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty flower!!! Love the patterned papers! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN! Great take on the challenge colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm? Don't think I've seen any plastic paper at my Mike's. i'll keep my eyes peeled. This stuff look really cool. I'm a brown lover so brown paired with anything really appeals to me. Great card my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, I love your choice of papers and pretty papers.xxx

    ReplyDelete