Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Papercraft Star 65


♥♥♥♥♥

A color challenge this week at Papercraft Star !

Designed by our very own Kim...


I don't do color challenges very often -it is one of my hardest kinds of challenges.  I must work on that...

Ah yes, you wondered how I could fit this into a Halloween card, huh....
Well, what do you think ?


So many of Rilly's designs at theHouseAcrosstheBay fit in with the background for a mask.  I bought these THoltz masks last year, long ago, and have never used them.  But once I started trying them out on Rilly's digitals I had a terrible time deciding which (witch) one I would use !!  I think they will make at least one more spooky appearance before Halloween...

I have some big blocks that say Hocus Pocus on them, decorating the living room.  Spencer just loves to say that, hocus pocus, hocus pocus.

A couple of weeks ago we came outside and Spencer said
         Oh look - there are leaves on your car, Grandma!
Deardy dear
        I said
and spoke to those leaves in my most admonishing voice
        I shall have to put you into time out
 and threw them on the ground and stomped on them
        and never fall on my car again

There is nothing better in this world than hearing those little toddler belly laughs.  So now of course, we are on the lookout for those naughty leaves, who apparently have NOT learned their lesson ! 

Stop in and see us at Papercraft Star this week - our design team is completely on fire with all their wonderful ideas !!

Cursive paper - theHouseAcrosstheBay
Design paper - Little Yellow Bicycle, Fancy Pants, My Mind's Eye
Sticker - Reminisce
Tape - Tim Holtz
Pumpkin mask - Tim Holtz
Spider webs - K & Co
Rhinestones & Ribbon - stash
Punch - ek success

♥♥♥♥♥♥

6 comments:

  1. Can't have enough Halloween ;-) This card is superb Jan, love the masking you did on this one and the frame is gorgeous! Who says you don't do colour challenges well?? Only one look at this card and you'd say otherwise :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun and creative card Jan! I love that spooky jack-o-lantern grinning at me and the spiderweb trim.
    If Spencer runs out of leaves to put into time out, let me know and I'll send him some. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay Jan, this is my new fav! LOVE this card! I really love the look of the mask on THATB image and the spiderweb border. Wonderful work! The story of Spencer and the leaves is adorable! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that mask looks great! Love all the layers and colors, they work great together. Love this!

    Anitra

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love every single halloween card you've made this year!!! Fabulous!
    Kindest regards,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jan, I love your little Halloween card created from the colors of the challenge! I think you used almost all of them too! And now you are being a bad influence on my wallet. Last time, you used the purple distress ink...well, I went out and bought it a few days ago. Now I am going to have to go back and get these masks too! I love how they turned out on that digi! Super cool effect!

    ReplyDelete