Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Papercraft Star 80

♥♥♥♥♥♥

This week at Papercraft Star our theme is a frame.  We started out with this photo as an inspiration .....





I had every intention of doing white with some green quilty looking thing, and I just did not end up there AT ALL  !!  Lucky our photos are always use if you choose, and not a requirement. 

I always wonder about these sorts of bedrooms...  all white and wispy curtains.  I only do one thing in my bedroom, and that is sleep.  I don't want light and fresh and airy - I want dark and quiet.  Waking up in the morning with the sun beating into my eyes is not a good wake up for me.  Nor is a bright happy room conducive to any nap I have ever taken.  Nope, not for me.  I don't get that...  but HGTV always assures me that is exactly what I want !

Anyway, here is my card this week.


The charming half dressed woman is from theHouseAcrosstheBay etsy shop, our sponsor at Papercraft Star.  You can find her here, No. 167.

Cardstock - Coredinations
Design Paper - Recollections, My Mind's Eye
Frame - K & Co
Brads - My Mind's Eye
Flower - Michael's $1 bin
Doily, pearls, ribbon - stash

♥♥♥♥♥♥

4 comments:

  1. I want my room dark and totally silent at night too! The frame is so fabulous it really belongs with the picture of the lady!
    Kindest regards,
    Jenifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love to see bright and airy bedrooms with quilts and iron beds with all those white accents: however in my real life there will be no bright happening when I'm trying to sleep! LOL! Love the colors you used on your card and the white doily is such a nice contrast!

    Anitra

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've inspired me!! I'd love for you to link up with my cardmaking meme, 52 Card Pickup.

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/01/52-card-pickup-week-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card design Jan! I love that little frame. It's the perfect focal point for your card. I like the colors you've used too. :-)

    ReplyDelete