Wednesday, June 6, 2012

GD at IBSIC !

♥♥♥♥♥
Today's card comes from my guest designer spot over at Inspired by Stamping Inspiration Challenge.  I am completely delighted to be their guest this week - it is a fairly new challenge, but one that has everything I love !
Here is their sketch ...



and my distressed card ...


Everything is pretty torn up - as I was going for a shabby look.  I did some wet embossing on the edges of the dp, and used a couple of colors of mixed media ink.  I also used, for the sentiment, a small version of a digital from theHouseAcrosstheBay etsy shop, that fit beautifully with the design paper.
This is a sketch I know I will use again.  Stop by IBSIC this week, and join us for the fun !!
Card stock - Coredinations
Design Paper - K & Co.
Flower - Recollections
Pearls - Recollections
Ink - Mixed Media Colorbox
Chipboard bird - Michaels $1 bin
Stamp - Inkadinkado
Lace, staples, jewelry cording - stash
♥♥♥♥♥♥

4 comments:

  1. Jan this is absolutely gorgeous! I am in love with all your gorgeous details! Fabulous interpretation of the sketch! So happy you were able to join us this week as our guest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you!! A beautiful take on the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan, I was very psyched to see you are the Guest Designer at IBSIC! Yay! You've done wonders with your 'torn up' creation: Shabby Chic feel achieved!! Love that lace and the champagne pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous shabby chic card, just love, so glad you got to join us as GDT. Deb xx

    ReplyDelete