Monday, January 14, 2013

The Kraft Journal 104 - Use Scraps



♥♥♥♥♥


Our challenge at The Kraft Journal this week is ...

Use Your Scraps !

And I have a whole lot of those - don't you ?


My card began with a brown Kraft Blank Note Card.  I layered some design paper on top, and added a little pocket, attached with Washi tape - tape measure and staples.  The three tickets, from the Adage Ticket book were inked and attached, one with a Hinge Clip.     The sentiment was included in the Ephemera labels and inserted into an Antique Silver Label holder.  The card was finished with a wrap of Earthy Hemp Cord and a metal token.  

 People need encouragement when they are attempting something new.  A few people just jump right in, but most think they really aren't talented in that particular area.  Really though, what it takes is time. Doing something over and over, experimenting, reading about the hobby, going to classes.  And isn't it funny how after one has done all that, they find they have talent !!  Yup.  So if you are feeling discouraged about your work, keep trying.  Only one in a zillion has a natural affinity - everyone else had to work at it.  And in the end, it is always worth it.

Supplies included above provide links to The Kraft Outlet.
Other supplies ...
Design Paper - Bo Bunny
Token - Tim Holtz
Ink - Ranger Distress
Brads - stash

♥♥♥♥♥


2 comments:

  1. You would never know this card was created with scraps. It's a masterful collage and very vintage feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan! I had a lot of fun with this week's challenge. Heaven knows our scrap tables are covered in scraps! That's why they're called "scrap tables", right? I'm SO honored to be designing with you all at TKJ and I'm having so much fun!
    I have two questions for you. First, I LOVED your light box tutorial the other day and I'm working on making mine. Can't WAIT to take better photos! Do I need any specific sized box, and did you just use a piece of poster board inside? My hubby is gonna help me cut it, etc. but I hope to get it finished tomorrow.
    Second, I just became your new follower. If you don't mind, I'd LOVE to have you stop by my blog and follow me as well. While you're there, if you don't mind letting me know any other tips about the light box, I'd really appreciate it. I want SO badly to take better pictures, and I really am thinking this will help a lot.
    Thanks,
    Karen
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete