Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Papercraft Star 146 - Beauty


♥♥♥♥♥

This week the theme at Papercraft Star 
was chosen by Deanne ...

Beauty


What a gorgeous picture !!

my card ...


Well, this may look just a little odd for this challenge ....

But, as Deanne says, Beauty in the Eye of the Beholder ...

I made this thinking about my daughter, Brie, when she was about 3 years old.  Right out of our living room window was a large "hill", or "mountain" as mid westerners would think.  It had a hiking trail to the top, and it was not an easy climb.  One day we went with her grandpa and grandma to climb it, and I really had my doubts Brie could do it.  BUT, not only did she do it, but she ran back and forth, back and forth, and actually probably took that hike about 3 or 4 times.  One time she stopped to look at some teeny little flowers and said to me ...

"I don't know why God calls them weeds.  They are so beautiful !"

and that is truly what IS beautiful.

Come and play with us this week, that photo is so striking !!

Card stock - Recollections
Design Paper - Creative Imaginations, My Mind's Eye, Authentique
Flowers  & key - K & Co
Blue Ribbon & Punch - Martha Stewart
White Ribbon - Hug Snug seam binding
Glassine envelope - The Kraft Outlet
Tag - American Crafts
Pearls - Recollections

♥♥♥♥♥


4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and such a lovely story ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love how all the elements work together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful little story. I just love how you have shared that with us. I see this card totally different after reading your post. What a beautiful card!

    Hugs,
    Anitra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet sweet story! Your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete