Saturday, May 10, 2014

Go anywhere


♥♥♥♥♥

This card made Top 3 at
Sweet Sketch Wednesday !!
Thank you, ladies !

Today's post is going over to ...

I haven't played here before, but I sure liked the sketch !!


I don't make enough square cards.

Here is my card  ...


and I fit a little tag in there ...


for those of us who lived through the Vietnam war ...

Mother's Day is tomorrow, and a few years ago I was stopped by a television reporter who asked me "What do you want for Mother's Day ?"

When I said world peace, he looked at me so strangely and asked
"why is that ?"

I am hoping he only asked that to expand on my thoughts, but being he was young and a guy I am not certain, and I said
"that is what all mothers want."

When I was a teen and in my 20's, our boys were subject to the draft.  If you haven't known a draft, it was a pretty terrible way of selecting who America would send to war.  And what many felt, was into a war for absolutely nothing.  We lost nearly 60,000 boys and men, their average age was 19.  The ones who came back often fell to drugs, alcohol and post traumatic stress. 

I am hoping peace is still what mothers really want.  

Peace for all our sons and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends and girlfriends.  And all of those in uniform who are in unfriendly territories.

Happy Mother's Day to all !!

♥♥♥♥♥

8 comments:

  1. So true...what a wonderful reminder and yes, every mother wishes this! Lovely card! Love the doves and gauze. Thanks for joining us at SSW2! Glad you found us! I loved the sketch too! But they are all wonderful!
    Happy Mother's Day!
    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful wish. Love that thought.
    So happy that you found us and decided to join in with the sketch. What a lovely card and what a great surprise that the tag slides out. Happy Mothers day.
    Hugs and Peace,
    Heide SSW2-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely wish and what a beautiful card. Love the texture with the cheesecloth and the tag. Fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card and I love how you added the little tag. Sucha cute idea. Thansk for joining us at SSW2.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you found us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2!! I love your card, the texture is amazing and I love the world with the simple sentiment added -PEACE! What an awesome wish that I do believe all Mothers share... So glad you played along with us!!
    Blessings to you Jan!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think EVERY mother wants PEACE, especially those who have heroes serving overseas. My nephew is in Afghanistan right now. Lovely card. I love the doves and that clever tag. Thanks for sharing this with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jan and welcome to Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 now you've found us I hope you've enjoyed what you've seen and play along with us each week and we have some amazing sketches. Love your card its totally amazing and just adore your dove embellishments and your added tag this was a very clever idea. Great card and thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW2-DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - gorgeous card Jan and welcome to SSW2. I love the vintage look and your creativity with the sketch. Hope you join us again. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at SSW2!
    Sharon, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete